Is your AM struggle go-go-go-go? Do you find it hard to squeeze in a quick breakfast? Are you always opting for the quick granola bar or banana in the morning? If you are, I have just the recipe cure for your crazy AM schedule.
Avocado toast with fried eggs.
One word: DELICIOUS
If you haven’t yet jumped on the avocado-toast bandwagon, I suggest you do! Avocados are loaded with so many nutrients; mono saturate fats, fat-soluble vitamins A, E and K, protein, fiber, antioxidants, trace minerals, folate and water-soluble vitamins B and C. This avocado toast with fried eggs breakfast will help keep you energized all morning long, improve your hair, skin and nails, stabilize your blood sugar, and trim your waistline, just to name a few of the many benefits of avocados and eggs. Below I have gone into more detail about the importance of adding healthy fats and oils into our diet.
- Provide long-burning energy, especially for the heart.
- Needed for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K.
- Fats are the building blocks for every cell membrane in the body.
- Required for the adequate use of proteins.
- Necessary for healthy liver function, building healthy cholesterol and bile.
- Serve as a protective lining for the organs of the body.
- Imperative to managing inflammation, allowing us to health quickly and effectively.
- Necessary for blood sugar regulation and weight control.
- Aid in healthy hormone production.
- Enhance mineral absorption in the diet.
- Make food taste good and satisfy our appetite!
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
- pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices toast (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash or slice the avocado, and add lemon juice and salt.
- Fry the eggs in a pan over medium heat.
- Add avocado on the toast, top with the fried eggs, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!